Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Boost

Thank you for all your lovely comments on my last post! You girls help keep my head above water. ♥

One of the comments, from Ayden, asked for tips on how to stay in control and stop yourself from binging. As you can tell from my last post, I haven't exactly been the model for control lately, haha, but normally I have quite strong self control. It reminded me of a comment from a while ago from Olivia Lee - she liked the idea that I normally include something sweet in amongst otherwise usually healthy food. I never actually thought of that before, it was just something I did subconsciously, but it does stop craving and works especially if it's something low-calorie, like a cereal bar. Apart from that, I normally brush my teeth to stop hunger, or find a distraction, like a DVD or some homework you could work on. Looking at thinspiration in magazines and online is a great self-belief booster. :)

Today my mum and I went prom dress shopping. It was so much fun! The girls in there were so sweet and helpful, we spent two hours in there without even noticing. I was worried before we went as it was unplanned; as I didn't have the greatest weekend I thought my sizing might have been slightly off, but the dress I ended up buying - which is super gorgeous, I love it! - has a corset back, so my weight could fluctuate either way and it wouldn't make a huge difference. There was another dress in there that I really loved, but it was already slightly too big and if I lost weight (which I will do before my prom) it would be huge.
I was in such a thrilled mood when I left that shop. Not only did I order my dress - I couldn't get it right there because I only fit the sample size UK 6 - but two of the assistants said I was tiny, and a couple of women in there with their daughters said I looked gorgeous and skinny. This never happens to me so I was ecstatic, haha. My work's paying off!
I'm usually such a quiet person that I more or less blend into the background, so I was kind of embarrassed by all the attention, but inside I was dancing. I take my victories where I find them. :)

Think thin! x


7 comments:

  1. you can be proud of you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you! I can't wait to have a shopping experience like that <3
    Keep up the good work, sweetie <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous! I'll never get to go to a prom because boyfriend A) doesn't like to dance
    and B) can't afford fancy clothes.
    And not only that, my school doesn't do proms. I reeeaaalllyyy wish it did though. That's always like every little girls dream is to go to prom with the perfect boy.

    I'm also jealous that you look good in a prom dress. I'm too flabby at the present time, but I will tighten up and trim down lol and when that happens, I will throw a formal party of my own and it will be a sort of personal prom lol.
    fun fun.
    Stay strong =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. so proud! God your stats are great,you skinny bitch (; & yes I can't wait for prom! So glad everything worked out for you so far. Stay strong, xo A

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm so glad you found a great dress! and the corset back is clever because you can adjust it for more losses :) congrats on the compliments too you deserve them x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome how you're getting compliments about your size and you were able to buy a small dress! Corsets are so lovely...I want one! They not only look goood, but they can be tightened to make your waiste look smaller!
    ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. im glad you had such a good time shopping! i hope when i go, i get that feeling! <3 stay lovely.

    ReplyDelete